The Top 5 Excuses for not getting a Dating Coach
…Any of these sound familiar?
1. “I just met someone that looks promising, so I don’t think I’ll be needing coaching after all.” Ok listen, the fact that you met someone new is actually all the more reason why you should go through with coaching. Because it obviously hasn’t worked out in the past, and it’s yielded the same results, so what’s going to change this time around? Sure you’ve “got a fish,” so you’ll eat for about one day. Great. See you back in my office next week when it doesn’t work out. But only when you’ve been taught how to “fish” will you be able to “eat” –aka date successfully–for life.
2. “I think I’ll just see if I can work it out on my own.” Ok…but you’ve been doing this all along. And has it gotten you anywhere? If you’ve done what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten. And the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Clearly, whatever you’ve been trying already has not been working. So it’s counterintuitive to think that waiting even longer before you take any action will get you anywhere (all you’ll gain from ‘waiting it out’ will be more gray hair).
3. “I don’t have the money for it right now…” Yes we are living in a crappy economy where times are pretty rough, but almost everyone has at least some extra money to spend a month, which is about the price of 2 nights out or two bad dates that go nowhere. So why don’t you use it to invest in yourself and your happiness for a change.
4. “But I don’t REALLY need it.” …Oh, really? Well then how did you get here in the first place if you weren’t looking for it?
5. “I can just read self-help books or have my friends & family give me advice, can’t I?”
Sure you can seek the advice of friends or family members, but where has that gotten you in the past? And isn’t the advice slanted because they are biased? It’s very difficult to actually retain the information in self-help books, because you have no one to show you how to apply it. The value that you’ll gain is incomparable to the value of a personal Coach working one-on-one with you to bring everything to life. It would be like learning a foreign subject with no instructor, only a manual.
So stop procrastinating on your love life. Ring in 2009 with a new and improved you and finally see some results in your dating and love life! Contact me today to set upa free phone consultation so I can help you explore your options. And Happy New Year!